Yesterday's Visit to Mi Casa


So sadly the sheetrock has not gone up and the siding has not been painted. BUT there has been progress...I think...but this is not what I do for a living.

If I find out in any random conversation that you have some experience in construction, I will ask you a thousand questions about my house. Bless his heart, this usually falls to Drew. He built and installed cabinets for six years before moving to Tuscaloosa. At least in my mind, this makes him qualified to explain every stage of our house construction. He constantly reminds me that this doesn't mean he knows all the ins-and-outs but I think he's lying. :-p

To the best I could tell, the electricians were hard at work this week. I saw more wiring go up and more protection go around the wiring. I snapped a few pictures below. Up until now most of you have only seen the exterior. It's difficult to get good lighting inside so I took the best angles that I could. Enjoy!


Pictured from left: Front entrance, kitchen view (from dining room),

Pictured from left: Second floor (from stair landing) and kitchen view (from stair landing)

First off, if you're wondering why most of the pics are from the stair landing and none are of the rooms upstairs...I have a confession to make. I am scared to traverse the stairs on the way down because there's only a couple of boards on each step and I can see through them. And no one was there yesterday to hear me if I fell. I got as high up as I dared and snapped these shots.

Second, yay pics! I love our entryway. We have arched doorways into the hall and dining room. Our kitchen has a bar that looks into the living room. We have a second floor with 3 bedrooms and a game room.

Anyone have any idea what they might finish this week? Any guesses? You're guess is as good as mine lol.

2 comments:

Brittany Ray said...

So excited to see some of the inside! I have no clue about what will be finished next but I can't wait to find out!

Sarah J. said...

I can't wait to find out either! lol I wish I could remember all of the colors we picked in May. I can look them up online but it's nothing like seeing them in person. It's definitely going to be fun watching this come together!