Eye of the Storm

image
Today I was in Barnes & Noble scrolling the sections when the book Eye of the Storm caught my attention. It is a photo documentary of the tornado that ripped through Tuscaloosa, AL on April 27th, 2011. There are a lot of sources out there that talk about that day but the cover is why I stopped. The cover photo is of my church family gathering in the parking lot for prayer on the Sunday after the storm. Drew and I were both there. I flipped through the rest of the book and saw him in a couple of other sections as well.
That day was so traumatic for all of us. To see it immortalized in a book is an odd experience. We know we lived through a historic moment but to hold it in your hands is an altogether odd sensation. The pictures are testimonies to all acts of service that were done for the months after the storm.
There are several others I know pictured in here but I doubt any of them know about it. It is a gentle reminder of all of the love that was expressed by our friends and community during that time. This will definitely be soon added to our bookshelves.

No comments: