BIG DAY!!!

I posted earlier that I would find out tomorrow about whether or not I got the job with the Red Cross...BUT they called this afternoon and offered me the position! I said yes! I'm so excited!

Tomorrow I go back to the Red Cross office and fill out the paperwork to finalize the commitment. It's a one-year commitment to serve 40 hours a week in addition to teaching classes, recruiting and training volunteers, and working with the armed forces. It will be a lot of hard work but I'm definitely not going to shy away from this great opportunity!

The position begins May 11th, only three days after I graduate. I will be attending an Americorp Conference in Atlanta, GA (not finalized yet if that's where it is) where they will give me an introductory look at what I will be doing for the year. All expenses paid! :D That's just too cool. Then when I get back from Atlanta, I will be running a "gauntlet" of training classes that will last approximately 2 weeks. At the end of the two weeks, I'll be attending a course on how to be a trainer!

This opportunity fell in my lap just six days ago. Now my life is going in a direction I did not expect and I'm definitely okay with that! God knows what He's doing!

1 comment:

Grace is Enough said...

I have chills. That is such an incredible testimony as to how God is working in your life! I am so happy for you!